The fifth revised edition of the interdisciplinary report 'Cattle Housing Design - Danish Recommendations' is, like the previous versions, a status of an on-going process to find the optimal design for cattle housing, taking into consideration both animals and staff.
This report constitutes the Danish Recommendation of Cattle Housing Design. Danish as well as EU legislation on housing, construction and keeping of cattle are met in this book, which holds knowledge and experience of cattle housing design. The design and function of each section of the cattle house are described. The recommendation is based on the animals’ requirements with regards to micro-climate, behavior, health and production.
The aim is to present an appropriate design of equipment and building layout for cattle, taking into account animal welfare and the working environment.
The 5th edition includes in particular, changes relating to:
- Handling of animals
- Drinking water
- Floor surfacing
- Calving section
- Separation section
- Measurements for cubicles for dairy cows and young cattle
- Measurements for the passageways in housing for dairy cows and young cattle
- Housing design with AMS
- Milking area
- Housing design for beef cattle
This book is intended as a reference book.
Cattle Housing Design has been prepared in collaboration with a number of specialists with knowledge and experience in research, testing and advising on the design and use of cattle housing, cattle behavior and handling of feed and milk.
The following institutions have contributed to the book:
- Knowledge Centre for Agriculture, Cattle
- The Danish Veterinary Association
- Building and Machinery Office, Åbenrå,
- Association of Agricultural Building Advisers
- Landbo Limfjord, Skive
- Association of Danish Cattle Advisers
- Landbo MidtØst, Viborg
- LRØ, Horsens
- Research Centre Foulum, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Aarhus University
Buy the book!
184 pp, Price: 299,- DKK (€ 40)+ VAT, packing and postage.
E-mail email@example.com including the following info:
• Title of publication
• Number of copies
• Your Name
• Postal code
or call Knowledge Centre for Agriculture, Tel +0045 8740 5251