Bemærk: Dokumentet er arkiveret, udløbet 19-06-2019
17.-18.06.2019: Zero Zinc Summit 2019
Zero use of zinc in EU pig production by 2022. What can we do?
This is the question we will be discussing at the ZeroZincSummit2019 in Copenhagen on 17-18 June.
The stakes are high. We need to have an alternative strategy in place by 2022 when therapeutic, high-level zinc oxides at weaning will no longer be allowed in the EU. We are, therefore, assembling a panel of experts to share the latest findings from applied science and we would like everyone attending the two-day summit to join speaker sessions, Q&As and discussions to help the European pig industry come up with viable, practical alternatives.
The two-day summit will include detailed presentations on the latest research into:
- The mode of action of high levels of zinc oxide and alternative zinc sources
- Diarrhoea in the post-weaning period – ethiology and diagnostics
- Altering feed composition as an alternative to zinc oxide and as a means of reducing post-weaning diarrhoea
- Feed additives as an alternative to zinc oxide to reduce post-weaning diarrhoea
- Immunoprophylactic alternatives to zinc oxide
- Other strategies to ensure weaning without zinc oxide and with reduced post-weaning diarrhoea - The practical approach
If you are leading research into a subject that could be relevant in the phasing out of therapeutic, high-level zinc oxide at weaning in pig production, please submit an abstract outlining your findings and results. If your submission is successful, you will have the opportunity to share your work with industry experts from across the world.
Sidst bekræftet: 30-01-2019